Panagbenga is a "Kankanaey" term for “a season of blooming”.
Panagbenga 2012 Major Highlights
|Panagbenga Opening Parade||February 1, 2012|
|Market Encounter||February 1 - March 4, 2012|
|Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom||February 11, 2012|
|Handog ng Panagbenga sa Baguio||February 12, 2012|
|Fluvial Float Parade||February 12, 2012|
|Chinese Spring Festival||February 21, 2012|
|Grand Street Dancing Parade||February 25, 2012|
|Grand Float Parade||February 26, 2012|
|Session Road in Bloom||February 27 - March 4, 2012|
|Pony Boy's Day||March 2, 2012|
|Panagbenga Closing Ceremonies||March 4, 2012|
|Grand Fireworks Display||March 4, 2012 @ 7:00 PM|
- Book early.
- Scout on possible viewing spots before the major events.
- Consider access to the nearest comfort rooms.
- Before going to watch the major events, secure all your belongings, only bring what you need; umbrella, bottled water, camera and so on.
- Park your vehicle on a secure location, better yet, park it on the hotel's parking lot where there is security.
- Do not bring bulky things such as child stroller/carrier and bulky packs during major events.
- Keep a close eye on your children, put identification cards and the like in their pockets and instruct them what to do if in case they get separated.
- Stay away from small exits.
- Bring small bills.
- Keep wallets, cellphones, and other valuables in front pockets, wear clothing with deep pockets.
- Report any untoward incidents to the nearest law enforcement.